Getting to the Sierra Trek Base Camp
- Exit I-80 in Truckee on Hwy 89 North (Toward Sierraville).
- Proceed North on Hwy 89 for 14.6 miles.
- Turn left on USFS Road 7 (toward Webber Lake and Jackson Meadows Reservoir). Note OHV staging area on right after turning off 89, this is the staging area for the Thursday SUV runs.
- Proceed west on for 9.5 miles.
- Turn left on USFS Road 86 (toward Meadow Lake). Pavement ends, its 10.9 miles to camp.
- 0.6 miles, road forks, KEEP RIGHT.
- 6.0 miles further, White Rock Lake turnoff, KEEP RIGHT
- 2.0 miles further, KEEP RIGHT.
- 0.6 miles further, KEEP LEFT & note OHV campground on right 0.1 mile further; this is usually empty and is a good camp area if you want to stay away from the crowd.
- 1.6 miles further to Sierra Trek Base Camp.
Wed/Thurs Overnight SUV Historic Trip
The group will gather at the staging area at Highway 89 and Jackson Meadows Road.
Getting to the Thursday and Friday Fordyce Run Staging Area - Pierce OHV Trailhead
- 1. Exit I-80 on Eagle Lakes Rd: 24 miles west of Truckee (also about 1 mile west of Cisco Grove)
- Proceed north on Eagle Lakes Rd. Pavement ends 1.7 miles north of I-80.
- 0.4 miles after pavement ends, turn right following signs toward Pierce Creek Wetlands Trail.
- 0.2 miles further, turn left following signs toward South Yuba River
- Continue for another 0.6 miles to staging area (just across stream).
- Do not camp on the gravel bar after crossing the stream, this is where we stage the runs. You can drive across the gravel bar and there is an OHV campground just passed the gravel area. You must come back to the gravel bar for staging.
Note: The road has been rerouted to the staging area (please follow our signs). This is to go around private property and a new home site. PLEASE respect the landowner’s privacy, keeping the noise down, and do not trespass. A poor relationship with this landowner could jeopardize our use of this area.
Friday River Run
The Friday River Run stages in main camp. Please park along the meadow road (behind the kitchen area) leading down to Winch Hill # 5.
Saturday River Run
The Saturday River Run will stage at the top of Winch Hill #5. Pease try to not block the road and park off to the side so as traffic may traverse.
Saturday ATV/UTV Run
The Saturday ATV/UTV Run will stage out of main camp in the meadow.
Saturday SUV\Historical Trip
The Saturday SUV/Historical trip will stage out of main camp in the meadow.
Saturday Outer Limits Run Staging Area
The group will stage at the large parking lot at Highway 89 and USFS Road 7 (Webber Lake and Jackson Meadows turnout off Hwy 89).