- Created: Friday, 19 September 2014 12:26
- Written by Suzy Johnson
- Created: Friday, 12 September 2014 13:41
- Written by Suzy Johnson
This will be the main member toolkit page. We could have a grid of photos/links to click on to get different things. The menu on the right would contain links to the items that they want to use like changing their address, registering for events, going to the forum, etc.
- Created: Wednesday, 07 May 2014 11:59
- Written by Suzy Johnson
We are sorry, but the page that you were looking for cannot be found.
Visit the Sitemap to help you find your way.
- Created: Friday, 28 March 2014 10:32
- Written by Suzy Johnson
The latest posts from our Facebook pages.
- Created: Thursday, 09 January 2014 21:27
- Written by Suzy Johnson
Win a fully equipped off-road trailer donated by Schutt Industries.
Tickets are only $2 and are available here.
The trailer includes an overhead tent and cooler by ARB. It will be given away during the International Sportsmen's Expo in Sacramento on January 8-11, 2015. The winner need not be present to win. Due to California gambling laws, we are unable to charge in advance for the tickets. You must pre-order them and return them to our office with payment in order to be entered.
All proceeds from the drawing benefit the California Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.
- Created: Friday, 20 July 2012 10:06
- Written by Suzy Johnson
Thank you for your donation to the Jack Edwards legal fund! These funds are used to help us fight legislation, lawsuits, and actions by government agencies that seek to close or restrict access to our public lands.
Contributions to this fund are tax deductible and you will be provided with an acknowledgment from CA4WDC for your records.
- Created: Monday, 17 October 2011 17:20
- Written by Suzy Johnson
- Created: Sunday, 16 October 2011 20:52
- Written by Suzy Johnson
Effective: January 1, 2008
The California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs (CA4WDC) takes seriously the issue of safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following to understand our views and practices regarding this matter, and how they pertain to you as you make full use of our website. This statement discloses the privacy practices for our website including:
1. What information this site gathers/tracks about you
2. What this site does with the information it gathers/tracks
3. With whom this site shares the information it gathers/tracks
4. This site's opt-out policy
Frequently Asked Questions about your privacy
Does CA4WDC ask for personal information?
In general you are not required to divulge any personal information in order to read the content on CA4WDC’s websites. However you may be asked for some information when accessing certain of CA4WDC's features such as described below:
- CA4WDC Mailing lists: When subscribing to an CA4WDC sponsored mailing list you will have to supply your email address in order to receive the Email. Lists of the subscribers and email addresses of our Email lists are not sold or otherwise commercially distributed by CA4WDC. You have the right to unsubscribe from any Email list at any time.
- CA4WDC Forum System: When registering to use our BBS and Forums, you may be asked to supply a name, your email address and possibly other personally identifying information for the sole purposes of preventing abuse of our forum. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- CA4WDC Contests or Sweepstakes: In order to enter any of CA4WDC's contests or sweepstakes you will be required to enter certain personal identifying information such as your name, address and phone number and may be asked certain demographic information as well. In this instance the demographic information is separated from the identifying information. The necessary identifying information such as names and addresses may be supplied to the companies furnishing the prizes for these contests. The demographic information, without any specific personal identifiers, is used by CA4WDC to develop summarized demographic information about our readership. Companies sponsoring contests or sweepstakes in direct partnership with CA4WDC agree not to sell or distribute the information derived from that contest.
- CA4WDC Store Order Forms: When buying products from CA4WDC's own store you will have to enter personal identifying information and financial information such as credit card numbers. This will be done via a secure server. The information is used only to process your order and for no other purpose.
- CA4WDC Advertisers: The CA4WDC is an advertising supported commercial publication. Companies may run ads on our publication and those ads may lead to the companies web sites and/or product order forms. Those sites, ads or order forms, whether hosted on our site or off of our site, may ask you for certain specific information. The CA4WDC has no control over what these outside companies may do with the information that you supply them.
- Commercial and Advertising Inquiries: Companies or individuals seeking information about advertising on CA4WDC or entering a listing into any of our listings databases may be asked to provide information about their business. The information collected is used by our marketing staff to respond to inquiries.
How does The CA4WDC use my personal information?
- The CA4WDC's goal in collecting the limited personal information it does is to provide you, the user and our readers, with the best web experience possible and to prevent the abuse of our system and its services.
What if I make a purchase through a site hosted by CA4WDC or a merchant who advertises on CA4WDC?
- If you place an order at a merchant site hosted by CA4WDC, a separate affiliated merchant, or with a merchant advertising on CA4WDC, they may collect information from you, including your credit card and contact information. This information will be used by the merchant. CA4WDC does not own, control, or influence these businesses in any way and all transactions and use of any customer information are the sole responsibility of the merchant. For further information regarding the merchant's use of customer information, contact that business or merchant directly.
Will CA4WDC disclose any of my personal information?
- CA4WDC will not disclose any of your personal information, except as described above, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires or compels it, or to protect the rights and/or property of CA4WDC.
- CA4WDC does disclose personal information in some limited circumstances, but this is specifically described to you when we collect the information, such as on any form collecting personal information, in a Terms of Service or Use Agreements, or in the rules or entry forms of sweepstakes or other promotions.
- CA4WDC may disclose aggregated user or demographic statistics (for example, 45% of our users are males between 21 and 35 years old) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- If you make a purchase from a site hosted by CA4WDC, or from a merchant advertising on CA4WDC, the information obtained during your visit to those sites, and the information that you give such as your credit card number and contact information, is provided to the merchants. These merchants have separate privacy and data collection practices. The CA4WDC has no control, responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their sites or stores, and their privacy policies, contact them directly.
Will CA4WDC use my information for direct mailings?
- In general, CA4WDC will not; however, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes the contact information from your entry form may be provided to the sponsor of that contest. These contest sponsors may use it to mail you further information about their products or services or otherwise use these lists. If you have signed up for CA4WDC's mailing lists or forums you will be sent that mail and may receive mail from other users of the list. If you sign up for CA4WDC's other services, we may mail you information that is necessary to accommodate that service. If we ever do collect information for direct mailings or to provide to others for direct mailings any such use will be disclosed on any form that we use to collect that information.
What about children?
- Naturally, the safety of children is very important to us. Kids should always ask parents for permission before sending personal information to anyone online or to any website. Parents, please keep in mind we do not intentionally collect any information from minors and that we have no specific protections in place.
Yes, Cookies may be used on CA4WDC in various ways:
- Cookies may be used to control the delivery of various media including banner ads to our readers. These benign cookies are used to keep you from seeing the same rotating advertising over and over again. These cookies may be set when enter our site, or access a specific section or each page.
- Cookies may be used in CA4WDC's stores to help create and maintain a personalized shopping cart.
- Cookies and/or IP Addresses are also used to estimate our audience size and page traffic statistics. Each browser accessing CA4WDC may be given a unique cookie, which is then used to determine repeat usage versus initial usage, and to help analyze traffic patterns. This cookie should not have any significant personally identifying information.
- In the future, CA4WDC may use cookie-based technology to provide personalized services, to remember login information or to provide more advanced features.
Does CA4WDC use or collect my IP Address?
- CA4WDC may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to track and report readership and site performance statistics. We may also collect IP information to assist in maintaining features such as our forum and email subscription services and to identify and block abuse of the system.
What is CA4WDC's Opt-Out Policy?
- Reading any part of CA4WDC’s websites and/or using any of our services is an entirely voluntary action. On any form where you are asked to submit any personal information that you are not comfortable submitting you may elect not to fill out the form or utilize the service. Where appropriate we may also provide an Opt-Out or Opt-In option, or options, that let you elect how parts of the information you are providing is used. Any such option will be clearly indicated. We have no control over how advertisers or sites that may be linked to or hosted by CA4WDC use information that they may collect, or their privacy policies.
What else should I know about my privacy?
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily post or disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that same information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Furthermore, while we endeavor to take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, CA4WDC cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- In addition, CA4WDC's advertisers, merchants, partners, and third party Internet sites and services accessible through or linked to CA4WDC or parties whom we inform you are collecting data in connection with sweepstakes, promotions, etc., have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. CA4WDC has no control over, or responsibility for or liability in regards to these independent policies or actions.
REMEMBER: You are solely responsible for protecting your personal information and the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online. We will do the best we can to help you, but you have to take reasonable precautions and have reasonable expectations as well.
We do not have any control or influence over sites that may advertise with us, or merchants that may have various forms of advertising, sites, or storefronts on our servers, or sites that may be linked to us. However, if you become aware of any privacy or business abuses by any of those merchants, sites or services please inform us so we can take any possible action we deem appropriate. We do not have control or influence over the privacy policies of affiliated sites. Please see their privacy policies for that information.
- Created: Sunday, 16 October 2011 20:28
- Written by Suzy Johnson
CA4WDC ("CA4WDC", "we" or "us") maintains this web site (the "Site") as a service to our customers, potential customers, and other interested parties. Please visit us frequently, browse our pages, and make purchases, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Use of CA4WDC’s Web Site and Its Content
We may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Site in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice or cost. The Site may periodically become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons.
No part of this Site may be reproduced, published, distributed, displayed, performed, exhibited, modified, used to create derivative works, sold or used in any sale, or exploited in any way, in whole or in part. or transmitted in any form, by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, except that we authorize you for personal, non-commercial use only to view, copy, download, and print posted documents (such as product descriptions, prices, forms, and FAQs) that are available on this Site, subject to the following conditions: (1). The documents may be used solely for internal informational purposes. (2). The documents may not be modified. (3). Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
When you use this Site, you consent to keep your password private. The protection of your username and password is your responsibility. You consent that you shall be solely responsible for what transpires with the use of your username, password, and account.
By using this Site, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend CA4WDC and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors, agents, subsidiaries, partners, contractors, vendors, manufacturers, distributors representatives and affiliates from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to, attorneys' fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim (including without limitation, claims made by third parties for infringement of intellectual property rights) by a third party that arises in connection with your use of this Site. You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. CA4WDC reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
When you visit this Site or e-mail us, you are communicating electronically. We will email you or put notices on this Site to communicate with you. By e-mailing us or submitting an order through this Site, you agree that any requirement that a document be in writing is fulfilled by being sent electronically.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless stated otherwise, all text, images, content, information, and/or other intellectual property contained on this Site are copyrighted, trademarked, owned, controlled and/or licensed by CA4WDC, their affiliates, or by third parties who have licensed their materials to CA4WDC, and all such materials are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. By way of example only, and not as a limitation, "CAL4WHEEL.COM" is a registered trademark of CA4WDC. Any other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
CA4WDC and its licensors and suppliers expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all text, programs, products, processes, technology, content and other materials on this Site at any time. No one is given any rights relating to any intellectual property of or to any license to CA4WDC or to any third party's intellectual property rights by using this Site.
Our graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, service names, design marks, slogans and other components of our Site and related materials are trademarks or trade dress of CA4WDC and its affiliates. CA4WDC's trademarks or trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not CA4WDC's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, vendors, shoppers, or any other party, or in any manner that disparages or discredits CA4WDC. All other product marks appearing from time to time on this Site with respect to the products being offered for sale are the property of their respective owners.
Neither this Site nor any of its content, nor any related software may be reproduced, published, transmitted, distributed, displayed, performed, exhibited, modified, used to create derivative works, sold or used in any sale, or exploited in any way, in whole or in part.
Site Access and Limited License
A limited license to visit and use this Site for your personal use is granted to you by Cal4wheel.com. The materials on this Site, including, without limitation, images, text, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, programs, and written and other materials that are part of this Site are intended to be used only as an aid to shopping on this Site and may not be used by you for any purpose other than solely for personal, non-commercial use. You are not permitted to download (other than page caching) or change any portion of this Site, unless you have the express written consent of Cal4wheel.com. This license does not allow for any resale or commercial use of this Site or its content. You may not collect listings of products, prices, descriptions, use any portion of the content in any derivative way, download, or copy information or other matter for use of any other party. You may not gather information and data from mining, robots or other extraction tools. Neither this Site nor any part of it can be copied in any way or used commercially without express written permission from Cal4wheel.com.
Without our prior written consent, you may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of CA4WDC or any of its affiliates. Any use of any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing this Site's name or CA4WDC's or any of its affiliate's names or trademarks without the express written consent of CA4WDC is strictly prohibited. CA4WDC grants you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Cal4wheel.com, provided that the link does not portray either this Site or CA4WDC, its affiliates, or their products or services in any false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. Any use of the Cal4wheel.com logo or any other proprietary graphic or trademark of CA4WDC or any of its affiliates as part of any link without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. The permission or license granted to you by CA4WDC to use this Site shall terminate automatically upon any unauthorized use by you.
Accuracy of Content; Future Modifications to Web Site
The information on this Site is believed to be complete and reliable; however, the information may contain typographical errors, pricing errors, and other errors or inaccuracies. Errors will be corrected as soon as practicable. We reserve the right to: (i) revoke any stated offer; (ii) correct any errors, inaccuracies or omission; and (iii) make changes to prices, content, promotion offers, product descriptions or specifications, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes (including after an order has been submitted, acknowledged, shipped or received). If a product offered by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
Every effort is made to show all the colors of our products as true and accurate to the actual item. The accuracy and fidelity of the colors, however, is dependent on your pc, monitor quality, and settings. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or fidelity of any color represented on our Site.
CA4WDC does not claim ownership of any materials you make available through the Site. CA4WDC’s sole discretion, such materials may be included in the service in whole or in part or in a modified form. With respect to such materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site, you grant CA4WDC a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide do not include anything (including, but not limited to, text, images, music or video) to which you do not have the full right to grant the license.
Quantity Limits & Dealer Sales
CA4WDC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit the number of items purchased per person, per household, or per order (including after an order has been submitted and/or acknowledged). These restrictions also may be applicable to orders placed by the same account, the same credit card, and also to orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address, or are placed by dealers. If this limit applies, we will notify you.
If you are interested in purchasing multiple quantities of items for a corporation, institution, or not-for-profit organization, please click here to contact us.
Children under 18 years of Age
It is prohibited to violate or attempt to violate the security of this Site in any manner, including, without limitation; (a) obtaining or attempting to obtain data that is not intended for you; (b) gaining unauthorized access to an account; (c) attempting to breach security without permission; (d) testing the vulnerability of this Site; (e) attempting to interfere with this Site, including the host, network, or user, in any manner; (f) sending emails that were not solicited, including ads and promotions; or (e) forging a TCP/IP packet header or any part of header information. These violations could result in civil or criminal penalties. CA4WDC will investigate violations and will work with legal authorities to prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law.
Acceptance of Your Order
You will not be charged until your order is verified, payment authorized, and your order has entered the shipping process. We reserve the right to decline your order at our sole discretion. Some of the reasons we may decline the order are if the goods are unavailable, if pricing is in error, or if there are problems concerning credit or fraud. We will contact you if we decide to decline your order or if we need more information. If we decline your order, we will credit your credit card for any amount charged with respect to such order.
Suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information may be submitted to us, but any illegal, obscene, threatening or defamatory content and any content that is invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable is strictly prohibited.
Cal4wheel.com actively reports and prosecutes actual and suspected credit card fraud.
We may require further authorization from you such as a telephone confirmation of your order and/or other information. Our decision to require further authorization is at our discretion. Cal4wheel.com reserves the right to cancel, delay, refuse to ship, or recall from the shipper any order if fraud is suspected.
Cal4wheel.com captures certain information during the order process, including time, date, IP address, and other information that will be used to locate and identify individuals committing fraud. If any Cal4wheel.com order is suspected to be fraudulent, all records will be submitted with or without a subpoena to all law enforcement agencies and to the credit card company for fraud investigation. CA4WDC will cooperate with authorities to prosecute offenders to the full extent of the law.
Copyright Infringement; Notice and Take Down Procedures
The above contact information is only for reporting claims of copyright infringement. See other portions of this Site for contact information for other issues.
Disclaimer of Warranty
ALL TEXT, IMAGES, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" AND "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, CA4WDC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (i) THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE IS FREE OF ERRORS; (ii) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS; (iii) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (iv) THIS SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CA4WDC OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE CA4WDC WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CA4WDC WEB SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CA4WDC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CA4WDC' TOTAL LIABILITY (OR THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE) TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED ONE DOLLAR (U.S.$1.00).
You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Site. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Risk of Loss
The items purchased from our Site are shipped by a third party carrier pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
With the exception of shipping damage or an order fulfillment order, returns on items ordered from our Site are not accepted. In the event of damage during shipping or errors on order fulfillment, the customer has the right to request a replacement or refund. Items must be returned within 30 days of shipment.
Orders will be shipped no later than 4-6 weeks after being placed. Membership orders are placed immediately. It may take up to two months to begin receiving In Gear magazines.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
This Site may contain links to non-Cal4wheel.com web sites. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and you access them at your own risk. We are not responsible for the content of any linked web site or any bulletin board associated with us. Any outside web site accessed from our Site is independent from CA4WDC, and we have no control over the content of such web sites.
No Implied Endorsements
In no event shall any reference to any third party or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party or of any product or service provided by a third party. Likewise, a link to any non-CA4WDC web site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such a web site.
Termination of Use
We make no representation that information on this Site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this Site from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Site and our policies and promotions at any time.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For Additional Information
8120 36th Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95824
Last Updated: January 1, 2008