- Created: Thursday, 10 December 2015 11:50
- Written by Jeff Blewett
BLM Proposes Changes to the NV & CA Greater Sage Grouse Bi-State Distinct Population Segment Land Use Plan Amendment
The BLM has recently announced an opportunity to comment on potential changes to the Proposed Plan(s) as set forth in the Greater Sage Grouse Bi-State Distinct Population Segment Forest Plan Amendment/Final Environmental Impact Statement. The United States Forest Service was the lead agency for preparing the environmental impact statement (EIS) and land use plan amendment. The BLM is proposing to amend the Carson City District Office Resource Management Plan (RMP) and the Tonopah Field Office RMP based on the analysis in this EIS. Public comments will be accepted through December 14, 2015.
Following release of the Final EIS and Proposed Plan, the BLM determined based on protests received and additional internal reviews that additional changes to and a clarification of the Proposed Plan was required. The clarification and changes include
- setting disturbance caps within BSSG habitat;
- adjusting buffers for tall structures near active or pending leks,
- adding a restriction for new high-voltage transmission lines, and
- additional management direction for habitat connectivity.