Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #203

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Granted the big events take lots of planning, and most are on either forest service, BLM or state parks land and require permits.
As mentioned above, get some small events at venues were permits may not be required, as a permit costs money could be a game changer here for the association.
Small raffles, smaller groups to play for a day, and a small BBQ of something easy to put together.

I like the idea, and hope that they BOD does also.

I know they are watching here, and hope that they will post up about these ideas!

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #205

• igofshn
The permit for High Sierra is $30. not a big amount. All work is VOLUNTEERED. No expense. Volunteers made $95,000.00 for CA4WDC last year. All Central District volunteers pay full price for the events. We give them a T-shirt. Again, not a big expense. Everyone seems to have an answer. Lots of talk from the peanut gallery, but not a lot of work.

VOLUNTEER

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #206

• El Rolo
igofshn wrote:
The permit for High Sierra is $30. not a big amount. All work is VOLUNTEERED. No expense. Volunteers made $95,000.00 for CA4WDC last year. All Central District volunteers pay full price for the events. We give them a T-shirt. Again, not a big expense. Everyone seems to have an answer. Lots of talk from the peanut gallery, but not a lot of work.

VOLUNTEER

Not sure if that quote is directed at me? I assume it is since I have been the only one offering ideas..

Our club (Four Dice) and our friends group both donate a ton of time to Sierra Trek. We could volunteer the hell out of it, but that still does not change the fact that participation is WAY down from 5 yrs ago.

Repeating the same thing over & over & over and expecting a different outcome is idiotic at best.
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by El Rolo.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #207

• igofshn
Did not direct it at anyone inparticular. Particpation is down because the economy is down.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #208

• Rainfly
I apologize in advance if this has been done but has Cal directly asked the membership what events and runs they would like to have added? Also what would make them attend more events per year?

One day events like Rolo suggested would be a lot of fun and let’s face it…fun brings people out.
igofshn wrote:

VOLUNTEER

Let’s be realistic. Some people will pay for the Cal membership and have no intention of volunteering. They enjoy contributing via their membership fee and that’s fine. Other will pay for the membership fee and volunteer countless hours. Asking more from an already exhausted volunteer base will yield little and may have a negative long term effect. I know others that have contributed to this thread and are part of the volunteer base and I would hardly call them the “peanut gallery”. If this is your way of motivating you should reconsider your methods.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rainfly. Reason: spelling

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 months ago #209

• igofshn
One day events aren't realistic unless it is for a specific district. Travel time makes it hard for anyone outside the district or local area. State and district meetings are almost empty. Difficult to ask what people want. As stated some only participate via their membership. Memberships don't make the association money. Events and donations make the money. The real question is how many members have never been to an event???

The term "peanut gallery" is the ones complaining and not offering a solution. Lots of htat going on.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds