Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #210

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Ok everyone, lets not get personal here.

Lets have ideas for the BOD to look at, and help them with a game plan to fix the budget.

I personally think a one day event would be a money maker. Plan on no meals to be offered, as those can take time, and can cost money.
The raffles make money, as everything is donated to it.
In reality, Molina is a one day event now. It officially starts on friday for early registration, and everyone goes home on Sunday. The run on Sat. One day event, and we arrive and depart after that.
Why not some other events like that over a regular weekend with the plan on a raffle to help generate the most money. Decrease the registration of what the meal usually costs, as it is a wash anyways.
Things that have to be covered are:
Porta-potties
event insurance
permit fees

I don't know what the first two usually run, but if we can get enough interest for smaller, local events, I think they will generate enough revenue for Cal4 to make them worth their time.

Again, the issue with volunteers has popped up. We eat our young within our sport. I think smaller events that take less planning, and time to organize will help bring in more young leaders to the organization. Just my opinion.
Yea, I know, it stinks too!

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #211

• Rainfly
igofshn wrote:
Memberships don't make the association money. Events and donations make the money.

If that's the case then do away with the membership fee's and open up the event invite to a larger pool of people.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #212

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
Rainfly wrote:
I apologize in advance if this has been done but has Cal directly asked the membership what events and runs they would like to have added? Also what would make them attend more events per year?

One day events like Rolo suggested would be a lot of fun and let’s face it…fun brings people out.

Rainfly
I don't think they have. But that is a good idea to ask the membership what would they like.
I know Trek and some of the other events make lots of money for the association. Those need to continue in some form or fashion.
We don't go to trek because it is expensive and it is 300 miles away. They do provide food, and that is why it is expensive. If I don't like the food they offer, I still have to bring my own then. Nothing against Trek, as it is a fun event and we have been once. The year that BFG presented the Outstanding Trails award to Four Dice for their work on the Fordyce trail.

I would prefer more smaller events in our district that we could attend that would support Cal4.
Make part of the registration that everyone has to bring something to the raffle that is new! Could be interesting to see what you would get, plus with a few prizes thrown in by vendors also.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #213

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
Memberships bring in about $85,000 per year.

That pays at least for the Natural Resource Consultants.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #214

• Rainfly
Navy-Jeepster wrote:
Rainfly wrote:
I apologize in advance if this has been done but has Cal directly asked the membership what events and runs they would like to have added? Also what would make them attend more events per year?

One day events like Rolo suggested would be a lot of fun and let’s face it…fun brings people out.

Rainfly
I don't think they have. But that is a good idea to ask the membership what would they like.
I know Trek and some of the other events make lots of money for the association. Those need to continue in some form or fashion.
We don't go to trek because it is expensive and it is 300 miles away. They do provide food, and that is why it is expensive. If I don't like the food they offer, I still have to bring my own then. Nothing against Trek, as it is a fun event and we have been once. The year that BFG presented the Outstanding Trails award to Four Dice for their work on the Fordyce trail.

I would prefer more smaller events in our district that we could attend that would support Cal4.
Make part of the registration that everyone has to bring something to the raffle that is new! Could be interesting to see what you would get, plus with a few prizes thrown in by vendors also.

Todd

I totally understand not wanting to drive 300 miles for an event unless you love it.

Small point of clarification. BFG presented the Outstanding Trails was awarded to Friends of Fordyce of which I am board member of. I'm also a club member of Fourdice 4WDC...a Fordyce Trail adopta club. :)

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #215

• Rainfly
Navy-Jeepster wrote:
Memberships bring in about $85,000 per year.

That pays at least for the Natural Resource Consultants.

Todd

How can one person say "Memberships don't make the association money. Events and donations make the money." and then find out it makes 85k? :unsure:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds