Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #233

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Steve

Thanks for the reply.
Those of us commenting in here do not know who is getting the automatic emails from this thread.
Do all the BOD members get those emails when someone posts in the forum?
If not, the propably should.
I think this forum is a good way for members to talk to the BOD away from the facebook arena.
It would keep it out of the general public's eye and the anti-access groups.
Hope that you got some good info from the marketing plan.
We can talk later about it, and I can make revisions as needed.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #234

• rockjeep
  • Thank you received: 2
Navy-Jeepster wrote:
With some simple math I came up with a way to make $75k, and no one is overworked, or over tasked (Except maybe Bonnie in the office).
3000 members all buy one extra book of jeep sweepstakes tickets at $20 = $60k
3000 members all donate $5.00 to Cal4 = $15k.
Todd

Todd,
Do you really think you will get every member to buy an extra ticket book let alone just one. your counting on wishful numbers. Members have always been the key.Members pay dues. Members go to events. Members spend money at events. Members put on events. Put on any event you want, without members its just a camp out. Focus on the members and fix the BOD prez problem and old members will return. I know because I am one.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #235

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
rockjeep

You are right in that this association depends on the membership dollars via membership dues, events, and raffles (events and sweepstakes Jeep) for our revenue.

We need to expand outside of our normal revenue stream to help the association maintain a positive cash flow.

I would hope that later this year, or early next that the members that left will return. I don't know the exact numbers of those that left, but it is a big impact to the association.
Those fences need to be mended in order for those members to return I think.
We also need to get the new group of wheelers to join Cal4.
Does that include bringing in the UTV groups, as they are really not associated with any one group or association, but we share the same trails with them most of the time!
So, why not include them in the association?

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #238

• El Rolo
Is being a Cal4 member a requirement for attending all Cal4 events? I know Sierra Trek was that way for a long time and was recently changed to allow non-members.

IMO opening up all the events to non-members would be a good way to draw new people in to events with the hope that they will join after...Win win situation. Get their money for the event (which they may not have attended otherwise) with the intention of selling them on the importance of joining the association.

Additionally to my point earlier about there being a change in the way people recreate within our hobby changing drastically... My club has 1 event that we attend & volunteer at. The others just aren't our cup of tea. Most of our members have buggies, so going to a trail ride 4 hrs away isn't in the interest of our group most of the time. Just wondering out loud how many other groups have had that happen. This is why I suggested the one day events in the spirit of Cantina. This way EVERYONE can pitch in their money and then go do as they like for the weekend.
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #240

• El Rolo
I am on a roll here. haha :woohoo:

Spoke with Steve Piazza about this briefly.

Has there been any attempt to send a representative out to NEW clubs to try to get their involvement in events?

One club I refer to often with Steve is the Hmong, just for the simple fact that they are local a big club and are on Fordyce all the time. Reach out to them and offer a 1x discount rate to attend Sierra Trek. Sign up 10 members and cut off 10% or something. Anything to get someone to go that 1st time which can often be the hook to getting them to come back every year if they have a good time.
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #243

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
Keith

Good idea to offer a discount to attend the event.
Why does a business offer discounts to new customers? To bring them in, and sell them on the experience and hook them! Cal4 needs to do the same.
I think this is an idea that I will add to my marketing plan that I have sent to some of the BOD. I need to update it now that the new budget is out also.

I know Cal4 will not give away memberships, and will not discount them. I tried when I was the sweepstakes jeep chairman.
That was the old guard then, even though I can find nothing specifically in the SOP's or by-laws that prohibit it.

Agree with you about the guys with buggies. They are a different breed. We have none in our club, but would not turn them away though. I understand that they want a different experience than those of us in the regular size rigs.

Do you know if the folks that put on Cantina need a permit? The event is not running the trails, but they do generate money for RTF.

I am putting a list together of the ideas that we had discussed here, and will forward it to Mark and Steve later.

Thanks

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds