Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #245

Simply put the choices are to cut services or to increase income. Our budget this year reflects a down to the bone income projection with a more modest decrease on the expenditure side. The economy has been tough and fewer folks are able to go to the events we count on for income. Our membership has continued on a slow decline for the last several years and affects us as well.

On the service side, I believe our consultants are one of two primary "products" of our corporation. Few clubs can contract for the help we get in representation on every state, federal and county issue we can stick our nose into. The fee the NRCs get for this barely covers their expenses and maybe minimum wage. As a working guy I cannot make next week's meeting Thursday afternoon in Sacramento. Our NRC's will be there to represent us. If we do not like the job they are doing, we have the resources to attract others to do it, although I am proud of our present team Jim Bramham and John Stewart.

Our other product is our information services in the form of the In Gear, our website, and our letter generator thanks to Suzy Johnson. We again have something critical to educate not only our members, many of whom are individuals and not in clubs, but also the average guy who picks up a copy in my waiting room and reads about our land use concerns. Our website is the source of information for many who are not members as well and I think this has an impact on land use.

Our office and single employee, Bonnie Steele further help provide information and provides a meeting place for sister groups like and our employee answers many questions and provides information not only for the membership but for the public as well. The office serves a a classroom, storage for the equipment we share with our clubs and sister organizations as well as a repository for the history of CA4WDC and OHV land use issues since our inception.

Many see our budget and believe we should slash expense further. I believe we should increase incomes. The budget shortfall is 15,000 Sweepstakes Vehicle tickets, 500 memberships,
or 100 more attendees at each of our major fundraisers.

We can do this. You can help. Go to an event, we offer runs thoughout the state and the calendar. Buy some SVP tickets. They make great stocking stuffers, presents for co-workers, or for yourself. Get a friend to join CA4WDC! Donate to our legal funds to support the issues that matter to you. Recreation is the first thing slashed from our personal budgets, but remember, wheeling will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no wheeling.

The BOD is working on the issue. We shall move forward with new teleconference options to cut meeting costs. The contractors are aware of the potential need to alter our arrangements. We are looking at new ways of printing and distributing the In Gear. We want to provide more incentives for folks in Nevada to join the Association. We are launching a new membership drive. We are open to your thoughts.

If you can do a better job we are always seeking new officers. We elect them every year at the state and district levels.
step up and help with new ideas and fresh energy. Members can speak, make and second motions, and attend BOD meetings if they wish to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #246

• El Rolo
Navy-Jeepster wrote:
Do you know if the folks that put on Cantina need a permit? The event is not running the trails, but they do generate money for RTF.

Sent a message to Piazza. Will let you know when he gets back to me, not sure why he is lagging...Not like he has ANYTHING to do right now. haha
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #247

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Mark

Thanks for commenting here on the forums. My pokes at the BOD is not to piss them off, but to get them to use this forum as an additional means of communication.

Keith and I have posted some good comments here that hopefully will offer ideas and suggestions for fixing the budget shortfalls without cutting services.

It has been mentioned that members register for an event even if they can not actually attend. As I mentioned to Kerrie, I usually don't have the extra income to do that. But I might register for PVD but not go. It depends on the rest of our finances though, as I think we are going to the BlueRibbon Coalition BOD meeting in Vegas a couple of weeks prior to that.

I think there have been some good ideas presented in this thread to help the association fix the budget without pointing fingers.
I hope that the marketing plan I sent you has some ideas that can be implemented also to help the association.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #248

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
El Rolo wrote:
Navy-Jeepster wrote:
Do you know if the folks that put on Cantina need a permit? The event is not running the trails, but they do generate money for RTF.

Sent a message to Piazza. Will let you know when he gets back to me, not sure why he is lagging...Not like he has ANYTHING to do right now. haha

Thanks

haha, I don't know him, so won't comment for him!
Trek maybe!

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 3 weeks ago #249

• El Rolo
and the answer is yes, they did need a permit for Cantina
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 2 years 2 weeks ago #257

• igofshn
Any event on public land will require a permit and insurance.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds