Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #193

• El Rolo
Instead of trying to bleed the 2900 current members dry, why not look into some opportunity to get new members to join.
Keith Ratzburg
Friends of Fordyce - Director
Four Dice 4wdc - Founding Member
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #194

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
I know the BOD will be open to ideas on how to bring in new members. I think that will be easier at this time than trying to get the ones that left to return.
I would hope later on the ones that left will return. But that will be a long uphill battle.

If you have ideas for how to recruit more members, please post them up.
I am working on a marketing plan that might help, but other ideas will also help the association remain viable in the future.

Del just posted a sample letter on facebook to send to businesses that do not support land use and access. Feel free to use it to help get them to support Cal4Wheel.

In my view, along with getting more members, we also need the support of the local businesses for the association.

An idea would to be have more small events that help generate income from more, local small events. If we could have an extra 5 to 10 smaller events, and each could generate an average of $2000, that could help bring Cal4 away from the brink of disaster.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #195

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
h2oskiin wrote:
Todd,
Your right it is like not voting at all. That is the point. I will not vote on a budget that run this association into the ground. How long do you think this Association will survive on it's reserves 2 maybe 3 years tops.
Do I expect you to pay for an event that you are not attending? No I do not. You do enough serving in the military. You give all of us the right to use public lands with just doing that. Are there others who can afford it? Absolutely.
I welcome seeing your plans or anyones for that matter.
Kerrie

Kerrie

Thanks for the input your vote.
Now I understand better why event chairs have asked for people to register even if they can not make it.
I will work on asking people to do the same in my Access Army Times or Recreation Nation newsletters.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #196

• El Rolo
How about Cal4Wheel day at Prarie City? $5 for lunch (do up a hot dog deal) Get vendors out there and a pay raffle... Maybe get some local clubs to put on a show at the obstacle course
Keith Ratzburg

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #197

• Navy-Jeepster
  • In Low Range
El Rolo

I think this is a great idea to help Cal4Wheel budget issue.
Need to get a couple of clubs to step up and run with this to make it happen.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.

Re: A negative $45,000 budget for 2012-2013 1 year 11 months ago #198

• El Rolo
Alot of the events run/supported by Cal4 have been great over the years but it appears to me that there is a general shift away from organized runs by the new to the sport/younger crowd getting into 4wheeling.

If you look at the amount of manpower/man hrs it takes to put on an event like Sierra Trek (which is an event I absolutely love btw) it just isn't the best bang for your buck imo. Newer event styles, like Cantina and the like, seem to generate similar revenue with FAR less work involved

I am not suggesting that we do away with these events, they just need to be supplemented with a couple more "bang for your buck" revenue generators
Keith Ratzburg
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by El Rolo.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds