Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any BOD members on this forum?

Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #154

• Navy-Jeepster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
As a new life member, I am asking the question if any of the BOD members are on this forum, or monitor it at all.
Just post up that you are at least here.

I think some of the BOD members don't post info, as someone will take it out of context, as coming from the whole BOD. Most questions are directed at the BOD, and it takes a consensus for them to answer the question.
I would direct the questions to a specific member of the BOD, and it might be easier to get an answer.

Is it time to start looking for an executive director to run the organization on a day to day basis, but answers to the BOD and membership.
This might help eliminate some of the issues that we are currently facing of questions not being answered.

Just my two cents here.

Todd
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #155

• rockjeep
  • Thank you received: 2
Todd, they are all one here. As well as Suzi see all post. You know they will never answer and in fact I'm surprised that Suzi has allowed out post to stay up for so long as they have.

Re: Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #157

Suzy watches the forums. I can only speak for myself, Suzy pointed this out to me so I am responding. I know I do not watch the forums, nor do I spend all my time on facebook.

If you are looking for answers or want to send suggestions to the BOD I suggest you send them via email. All of the address' are posted in the InGear as well as the bod distribution address.

Please also keep in mind that if you are a member of a club, your delegate is another way of contacting the district officers to bring your questions and concerns up to the whole board.

An executive director is a great idea. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. I am up for any suggestion that makes our association work better. But is has to be a viable option. Right now, hiring an executive director isn't financially viable.

I know I have thought about this before as I do believe that is how the offroad community gets beat more often than not. Our adversaries have a paid professional driving the organization that can dedicate 100% of their time to the effort.

I am surely not retired to the point where I can dedicate that amount of time. Most are not. Which does raise the need for this type of position. I just don't know that we can fill this need, this fiscal year. What you are asking would take 50-75k per year to fund for a professional that will make a difference.

I will bring this up at the next BOD meeting. If you have any other ideas I am always open to them.

Now I am sure that since I responded to this forum post I will soon be tarred and feathered. :)

Joe Smith
SD VP

Re: Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #158

• Navy-Jeepster
  • NOW ONLINE
  • In Low Range
  • Thank you received: 3
Joe

Thanks for stepping up into the leadership position within the South District.

I was just trying to get a general idea of how many of the BOD members are on here.
I use to be a moderator on here under the old forum.

I was just throwing out the idea of a Executive Director as an idea for sometime down the road. I know we do not have the money right now for this option.

I was the delegate for my club, but have had to work during the last few Central District meetings. It has just fallen that way for me to work during these the last few.

I have been active within Central District the last few years.

I also wonder how many of the BOD are on facebook also and watch what is going on there. They should share items posted on the district pages over to their personal pages also.

Hope you can make it to High Sierra event. Going to be fun, and should be one of our largest attended I think.

Thanks
Todd Ockert
Cal4Wheel Life member.
BlueRibbon Coalition Life Member.

Hanford Trail Busters club secretary.

Re: Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #160

Todd, Thanks for the support.

I am actually trying to make it up to the High Sierra Poker Run the first week in Sept. I was stationed over off Sonora Pass teaching at the Mountain Warfare Training Center for a few years and really miss the area and figured that Swamp Lake is basically the same type of terrain. Just the opposite side of the mountains.

We shall see if it works out.

Re: Any BOD members on this forum? 2 years 4 months ago #161

Hi Toddles,

I do check the forum on an infrequent basis but I do administer the Central District Facebook page. As Joe poiinted out direct contact is best, questions generaly sent to the BOD are hard to know who should answer.

Anything you need just give me a call you have a direct line.

Missed you at the meeting but I understand you work schedule.
Thank you for your input.

Steve Egbert
Central District Vice President
CA4WDC Foundation Treasurer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds