CA4WDC Conservation and Education
Foundation Scholarship Fund
The CA4WDC Conservation and Education Foundation awards three scholarships annually. These awards are given in honor of Bud Hammers, a charter member of the Tulare County 4X4 Club, one of the original clubs that started CA4WDC. Bud served as President pro-tem until Steve Morris was elected as first President. He also served as treasurer for CA4WDC and served on the Legislative Committee in 1960 and 1961. He was very supportive and dedicated to our cause.
Scholarships are awarded to help sponsor private post-secondary education for selected CA4WDC members or their children. The scholarship program is funded by donations from CA4WDC members and the recipients of the awards are selected by the Life Members of CA4WDC. The program is fully funded by donations only, so the amount awarded each year varies.
Requirements for Application:
- Must be a CA4WDC member or immediate family (children of members).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- 20 hours of documented work within the prior calendar year, acceptable documentation examples below, from any or a combination of:
- CA4WDC event as a committee volunteer (letter or e-mail from event chairman, positions and hours worked.)
- A CA4WDC club conservation run doing trail cleanup or repair (letter or e-mail from project leader and hours worked)
- Political activism in support of OHV issues. (copies of letters or emails written)
- One page essay on the topic/question on the application form.
Applications for the CA4WDC Conservation and Education Scholarship Program can be found on the CA4WDC Foundation web site http://cal4wheel.com/ca4wdc-foundation or by contacting the CA4WDC office, (800) 4X4-FUNN